|News for June 2017
- June 16-25 - Annual Summit County Summer Bird Census -
see Summer Census for details.
- June 27 - Annual Picnic at the Bath Nature Preserve Biology Field Station, Jennifer Peteya, “Using melanosomes in modern bird feathers to determine melanin-based colors of some dinosaurs.”-
see Monthly Meetings for details.
- June 24 Buckeye MartinFest - see MartinFest for details.
- GAAS History - see History for details.
- Audubon Prints - Free Digital Prints - see Prints for details.
- Summit MetroParks Events - see Events for details.
Thank you for visiting the home page of the Greater Akron Audubon
Society. We hope you enjoy the visit and decide to join us in some
of our activities. As is common on the Web, these pages are
continually changing. Each page should indicate the date of the last
change. If you notice any errors or have any comments on
these pages, please direct your messages to
The purpose and objectives of this Society
shall be to engage in any such educational,
scientific, investigative, literary, historical,
philanthropic and charitable pursuits as may be
part of the stated purposes of the National Audubon Society,
of which this Society shall function as a Chapter.
In particular, we endeavor to follow and support
The Audubon Philosophy .
You may also wish to read the
Chapter Constitution and Bylaws .
Interested in Joining?
You can join Audubon by mailing a copy of the
and your check to the Greater Akron Audubon Society at the address given on
Interested in Donating?
You can donate to the local chapter by writing a check payable to the Greater Akron
Audubon Society and mailing it to GAAS, P.O. Box 80056, Akron, OH 44308. Upon receipt
of the check, we will send you documentation of your donation for tax purposes.
Page prepared and maintained by
Greater Akron Audubon Society is a Chapter of National Audubon Society, Inc.